RCM Business Solutions Logo

Bookkeeping Services, Accounting Firm and Payroll Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Call Us Today

Located in Yellowknife servicing Yellowknife, Inuvik, Fort Simpson and surrounding areas

When filing corporate taxes, which documents do I need from my bookkeeper?

You are going to need several income and expense documents. To save yourself time, the best thing you can do is set up an appointment with us and let us go over the documents you need. If you do not have them, we can help you find them through the revenue agency. Filing corporate taxes can be a long and difficult process—let us help!

When my sole-proprietor taxes are prepared, which documents do I need from my bookkeeper?

This is a great question and one that we often get! There are several forms that you will need, such as ones that show income, business and home expenses, and car repairs. Our best advice is to get in touch with us as these forms have different titles depending on your location. We can give you a more detailed list of what you need and where to find it!

Which business costs can I claim as tax deductible expenses?

There are many business costs that you can claim as tax deductibles and some that you cannot. For example, some business gifts can be written off, but others cannot. The boundaries can sometimes be blurred on what qualifies as a tax write off. Having one of our bookkeepers help you with your business tax filing can clear up all of your questions.

What tax records do I need to keep for my business?

We would advise you to keep any document that shows income or deductions along with your tax records for six to seven years.

What is the most appropriate tax structure for my business?

There are three different business structures:

  • Sole proprietorships
  • Partnerships
  • Incorporations

Each one is treated differently by tax law, having one of our bookkeepers work with you can help outline what tax laws apply to your business!

Is it difficult to change RCM Business Solutions bookkeepers? How do I do so?

No. The whole process is actually a lot easier than you may think! Once you find a new bookkeeper that you like, you or your bookkeeper can send a takeover letter to your former bookkeeper. This will allow all your files and information to be released and taken over by your new bookkeeper.

How do I schedule a consultation with RCM Business Solutions?

Contact us now at (867) 444-9975 or through our online contact form. One of our agents will be in touch with you as soon as possible!

Contact us now to schedule an appointment!

Captcha Image Refresh Captcha